Programs Offered to LHA Residents
Supportive Living Services Program for Elders and Disabled Adults
The Lowell Housing Authority offers residents a unique umbrella of supportive services intended to provide a secure, safe and affordable lifestyle for our residents.
Our goals are to assist the elderly in maintaining their independence through on-site integrated individual and group services. These successful programs get elders out and participating with their peers, helping to reduce isolation and improve their overall life experiences.
- Health and Senior Aides
- Senior Companions
- Health, Safety, Exercise, and Nutrition Workshops
- Telephone Assurance Assistance
- Healthy Incentives Program: Local and Mobile Markets, Farm Sharing, Meals on Wheels, and on-site Food Pantry at each of our developments.
- Opportunities to participate in Tenant Council meetings/elections to have a voice in influencing change within our developments.
- Field Trips, Holiday Parties, and Events
- Bus services to shopping centers
- Activity Center including computer and telephone access
- Job Opportunities
- Assistance in completing forms.
Our Resident Services Coordinator has a deep understanding of the issues and needs of low income elderly residents, and is available for walk-in service on-site at all of our developments throughout the week. View Schedule
Elder Services of the Merrimack Valley, Inc., also provides a wealth of information to connect you with the resources you need. Click here for more information.
Having trouble locating a service? We are here to help. Please feel free to contact Mary Grady for questions or concerns.